Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grey's Anatomy Season 6: March of the guest stars

In list form again, because I'm too lazy for sentences.

1. Hey! Those people from Mercy West look awfully familiar... oh look, that's Lainie, Colin's sister from Everwood. And hey - there's Hannah from Everwood! And Liz Danes is in this episode too. It's like I'm reliving the days of The WB via Shonda Rhimes. When is Keri Russell guest starring?
2. Really, can't they think of something better for Callie and Arizona to do? I can think of a few things. I mean, can't we ever have some lesbians on network TV whose entire storyline isn't about them being lesbians? I've never liked Arizona because I've always felt like she has 3 personality traits: a) she's blonde, b) she's a lesbian, and c) she has a weird name. This episode did not help with that. Also, the coming out to Dad thing? NOBODY CARES. It's been done on every TV show ever. Callie has so many issues in relationships, there are so many other things they could do with this. Like, we could start with the fact that she's gone ahead and fallen in love with someone who has no personality.
3. I know Izzie is not a popular character, but the entire time I've been watching this show, I've really been rooting for Izzie and Alex to make it. Please don't break them up again.
4. Speaking of which, how many times have they fired Izzie already? And now she's going to miraculously come back after Heigl is done with her maternity leave, or filming her movie, or whatever it is she's doing? Yeah, cause that's not obvious.
5. I heart Sarah Drew.
6. I really can't deal with Callie's tranny makeup anymore. She's a dyke, not a drag queen, people.
7. Sorry to be back on this topic again, but as if Callie being a doormat wasn't already annoying, now she has no personality either outside of "I'm a lesbian." I mean, didn't she just lose her job, get a new one, and then get a new one again? How come we barely saw that?
8. Meredith and Cristina were true to form tonight, and I totally love the two of them together. I'm really digging Meredith now that she's not obsessing over Derek anymore.
9. We barely saw Derek this episode! What a nice change of pace.
10. I have nothing else to say on this matter, but I needed a number 10. Hmmm... is saying "I still miss Erica Hahn" just annoying at this point? What, at least she and Callie actually got to have sex.

No comments: